Podcasts
Music  20-01-2016, 03:55 PM
We dont have a thread on here for these, wondering if anyone listens to any podcasts, can recommend any they love etc. Sometimes I dont want to listen to music and I am sure there are great podcasts out there that could fill that void.
20-01-2016, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016, 05:41 PM by AnalogBoy. Edit Reason: LIMETOWN. )
Depends what you like! I listen to a bunch of different things. this is my current subscription list:

Americarnage: Weekly US Sports round up with a bit of culture thrown in and some decent banter between the hosts Nat Coombs, Mike Carlson (these guys host the NFL coverage on 5Live and BBC and used to host the C5/C4 coverage too) and Dan Louw, plus occasional guests. About an hour per episode.

Channel 33: A network of podcasts run by US Sports writer Bill Simmons (basically these are copies of all the old Grantland podcasts). Includes The Watch (TV/pop culture review show with Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald), the Andy Greenwald Podcast (an interview show), Sources Say (Juliet Litman and Chris Ryan looking at the NBA but mostly off-court celeb stuff), and some other bits and pieces. also;

The Bill Simmons Podcast: Usually 3 episodes per week centered around NFL betting (Mon/Fri) and occasional NBA on Fridays, plus an interview pod in midweek. Heavy US Sports focus.

Fighting Talk podcast: I like the radio show and this is easier than listening to the radio at the specific time. See also the Friday Night Comedy Podcast from Radio 4.

Guardian Football Weekly: Updates Monday/Thursday with James Richardson and some other miscreants covering football.

Serial: It's that podcast you've heard of.

Limetown: Has a similar vibe to Serial (deliberately) but... well, I don't want to spoil it, but you should listen, it's superb. Only a few hours' content total but super fantastic.

The Guardian Long Read: Whether you like the paper or not, some of the long-form journalism the grauniad do is very good, and this is like an audiobook version of those articles.

The Steve Austin Show/ The Steve Austin Show Unleashed: Ex-wrestler Steve Austin interviews people or just talks shit for an hour. It's pretty entertaining, more often than not.

basically, I listen to a ton of US Sports.
20-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Cheers mate I will give some of them a bash, love the NFL so they sounds good!

I listened to an episode of The Infinite Monkey Cage this afternoon as I like Brian Cox stuff. Was amusing but with some intelligent content, I enjoyed that Smile
20-01-2016, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016, 06:25 PM by Rodderas.)
I listen to the infinite monkey cage. Thup

Bespoke for cycling....

The science hour is interesting..

Edit: The Adam & Joe 6Music shows were good, but they're old now (if you can still get them)

20-01-2016, 09:05 PM
So I have a 30 minute commute to and from work every day, as well as a 2 hour-ish drive to Oxfordshire on a Friday evening, and then back again on a Sunday morning. This means I have loads of time to listen to stuff - I listen to podcasts during all of my commutes.

It's a pretty long list, as a result. These are all the podcasts I'm subscribed to - the bolded ones are the most common ones I listen to:

3 Player Co-Op - 4 Canadians talk about games. It doesn't ever seem particularly well planned out or organised, but I like listening to them discuss video games!
Answer Me This - Helen Zaltzman and Oli Mann answer questions. Irreverent but interesting and hilarious.
Campaign - the One-Shot podcasting network play Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. Possibly the funniest roleplaying podcast I've ever heard - the interactions between the four characters are always ridiculous. They've got a massive bounty on them, yet they spend multiple episodes shopping! Mrgreen
Hardcore History - Dan Carlin does History. I've only listened to the Blueprint to Armageddon Episodes 1-3, because that's the History I'm most interested in, but it's fascinating.
Friday Night Comedy from BBC4 - Recently discovered this - British Comedians take on the week's news.
Hat Chat - Hat Films' podcast.
International Waters - Dave Holmes hosts a transatlantic comedy panel show - two British comedians take on two American comedians.
Jordan Jesse Go - Jesse Thorn, America's Radio Sweetheart, and Jordan Morris, Boy Detective, and guest, have a chat.
My Brother, My Brother and Me - The McElroy Brothers offer advice.
Pop Rocket - People talk about Pop Culture. I've only listened to a few.
Rambling with Sips - the Real Guy, the Best Guy, rambles for a while.
Redemption Podcast - a new Edge of the Empire roleplaying game I enjoy.
Risk - such a weird podcast - people tell true stories with no holds barred.
Sawbones - Justin and Sydnee McElroy talk about the dumb ways we try to fix our medical issues.
Serial - Already explained.
The Adventure Zone - The MBMBAM brothers and their dad play D&D.
The Bugle - John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman's podcast. On hiatus
The Football Ramble - Hilarious football podcast which now has a predictions show too. Pete will top himself this season.
The Indoor Kids - On Hiatus. Fun video games podcast.
The YoGPoD - Yogscast podcast.
Trends Like These - Travis McElroy and Brental Floss take Twitter trends on.
Welcome to Nightvale - It's weird.
21-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Yogscast Mrgreen

Oh how I love their GTA5, TTT, Prop Hunt, and Civ5 videos.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
21-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Cosign on Answer Me This, it's pretty decent although not as good as it used to be imo.

But seriously Limetown guys get on it.
21-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Fighting Talk - listened, love it  Tick
21-01-2016, 09:08 PM
(21-01-2016, 10:00 AM)f1dave Wrote: Yogscast Mrgreen

Oh how I love their GTA5, TTT, Prop Hunt, and Civ5 videos.

I adore them more than I should considering how old I am, but their minecraft series, Shadow of Israphael, and the YoGPoDs got me through a really difficult time 18 months ago, so I'm going to support them as often as I can.

Their Civ videos are top drawer though, and I will watch almost anything involving Sips_, and Hat Films.
22-01-2016, 01:08 AM
Sips - the guy, the best guy.

His Don't Starve series were what originally got me into the game.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Discovered a new podcast that NPR do in the US - it's called Tiny Desk Concerts. Basically, they also do a music one called "All Songs Considered" which focuses on new artists and such, and aligned with that they have musical guests come in to the studio and play a teeny session just at the studio desk. It's available as audio or video, and is about 15 minutes long. Most recent one is EL VY, and it's really good.