FM Anonymous
19-08-2015, 06:46 PM
My name is Keith and I am an addict. It has been 344 days since my last hit.

I didn't just quit cold turkey - it happened gradually. I last bought it myself in 2010, but I only did a few sessions and then, after a while, it dawned on me that it just wasn't the same any more. I was doing it because that's what I always did, even if I wasn't getting the same high I used to from it. And it did just eat up your life it you let it. Over a few months, years, each session further and further apart, I just kinda... stopped.

I will confess I did accept a sample of this new version - I admit; I missed it and was so tempted. But as I eagerly started it up, I took one long hard look at it - at what I was about to do and what I was about to get myself into - and it overwhelmed me. Too much. I just couldn't handle it. I'm not that guy any more.

One day at a time.

How about you? Have you quit? Do you want to? Need support? Share your story. Remember - what you hear here, stays here.

one turn is too much - one thousand is not enough.

20-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Mrgreen

No, I've not quit, but I do find myself spending less time on it as I need to focus on other areas of my life. That'll only get worse too.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
20-08-2015, 02:44 AM
I have not quit but it has been a long time since I last fired up FM.

Work, family commitments and the other hobby I am passionate about are take up my time at the moment. FM is still there lurking in the background and will grab me again in the future but at the moment I am on an FM sabbatical.

Stilll enjoy hang around here, chewing the crud with the herd (or spooning in Dave's case Mrgreen ). I need to find time give an update on the Purple Shin lunchtime football (we are having a bit of an FM-style mid-season slump due to squad illnesses at the moment, so making the finals are a bit touch and go).
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
21-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Not quit obviously as I'm still updating saves on here Mrgreen

I've gotten pretty adept at having FM as a "background" activity that I do for 5-20 minutes in-between other tasks. The days of the marathon session are pretty much done.
21-08-2015, 08:52 AM
I'm having my pre-update lull, which has become something of an annual event. Soon my recycle bin will be full to the brim again, I'm sure.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
21-08-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm Chris and it's been over a year since my last game

FM12 was the last edition I played any way regularly. Always intend to fire it up at the weekend but other stuff keeps getting in the way. Might have a go tonight perhaps (he says, knowing fine well that will never happen)

I bought 13 (or maybe 14?) but my laptop was a bit too under-powered to run it properly & I wasn't sufficiently inspired any more to buy a better laptop.

"You've got a lot of talent but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
25-08-2015, 08:38 PM
FM15 has been a struggle; I haven't managed to get to a third season and an update thread in the saves I have attempted and am only 1 1/2 seasons into my CS Balotesti save and whilst I have enjoyed it I have not been able to fire up the save for about a month.

Getting back into work seems to have been the main cause Shrug but I've also found myself posting less here as well Sad
19-10-2015, 05:05 PM
The newer games are definitely a struggle to play far enough through to warrant an update thread. I've had a couple of long (time-wise) games on FM15 but neither has gone more than 2 seasons in game time. Difficult stuff.

I tend to also run CM01/02 a lot and that fairly whizzes by, but I do miss some of the depth. There's probably a happy medium in there (FM10?), but the out-of-date names bother me even though they shouldn't.
31-10-2015, 10:55 AM
I quit. FM15 was a poor brew that induced severe headaches. But then FM16 was snuck into my non-alcholic beer and I have fallen right off the wagon!!!