RealLife 2014
31-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Happy New Year!!!
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
31-12-2013, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2013, 02:03 PM by f1dave.)
Silly man. It's only 9pm.

Actually this is as good a place to post this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-ge...ata_player

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
31-12-2013, 02:26 PM
I can't help it if Perth is 3 hours and 10 years behind the rest of Australia Smile

Great explanation of the problems of dealing with timezones. I especially liked the West Bank example, just madness.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
31-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Mrgreen
01-01-2014, 01:16 AM
For fuck sake. It's 10 past 12, the mrs has already gone to bed and now Mel Fucking C is on the Hootenany.

We have to go out next NYE because this is fucking tragic. I fucking hate being old. Guess I'll just neck this bottle of single malt and pretend that tonight was "fun".
01-01-2014, 01:31 AM
My mrs was in bed before 10! I'm just going to have one final cigarette while finishing my can of Coke Zero then I'll be off to bed. What a way to see in the New Year, Coke and FM. Mrgreen

EDIT: Oh, and Happy New Year everybody
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

01-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Happy New Year everyone!
01-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Happy new year everyone! Celebrated the night with my homemade lasagna al forno, a nice beer and a movie with the mrs. Too old for parties and find no shame in that. Celebrate the way you enjoy it I say!
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

01-01-2014, 03:33 AM
We normally stay in but this year, after receiving an invite to a party at someone's house, (not Noel Edmonds), we decided to go, what the hell it could be fun.
After winning a recipe book playing bingo and fighting off the urge to join in the line dancing, we will be back to our normal routine next year.

Bonne Année!!!
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
01-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Definitely celebrate your own way Mrgreen

A night spent having a BBQ and a couple of drinks whilst listening to some seminal music from my youth - happy new year and all that jazz!

01-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah celebrate how you want, definitely. Just that me and my mrs have different ideas of what we want to do.

I would ALWAYS want to do something with other people involved. That always makes it more fun. I'm not talking about going into town and being ripped off with inflated prices at a pub or club, but even meeting up with a couple of friends, sinking a few drinks and sticking some goods tunes on. At least that would be more interesting. I know we have Henry, but we could invite a couple of friends over, or visit friends who also have kids and take him with us. He'd be asleep by 8 anyway.

Holly seems to like being a hermit on NYE though. 4 episodes of East-fucking-enders, half an hour of hootenany and she ran off to bed about two minutes after midnight leaving me sat there on my own. Joy.

I wouldn't mind, but it's my turn to get up with Henry today, so it's not as though she needed to get an early night for that! Mrgreen

I'm just sociable by nature. I like getting out there and doing stuff. Her lack of desire to be sociable gets on my tits sometimes.

Anyway......Happy New Year everyone. Mrgreen
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
All things in balance DAF Smile

01-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Happy New Year fellas.
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

01-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Balance, Dave?

"Oi, Holly, Dave says we have to go out next year for NYE"

"Who the fuck is Dave?!"

"It doesn't matter, it's all sorted. Now, about that time I agreed to not go to the pub to watch the football......"
01-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Happy New Year Guys. Celebrated don my local pub with Mrs SF. Entertained by a local troubadour and free buffet. Could have done with a few more friends but a good night nonetheless.
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I spent the entire evening watching movies at home alone.

It was glorious
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Was Home Alone one of the films you watched? Mrgreen
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Nah. IIRC it was the CCM-Perth game, followed by This Means War and then people streaming games
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
BKV Norrtälje
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Good thing you are young TT. There is still hope. Mrgreen
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
A meal for a friend's wife's birthday, followed by a cheeky pint on our 'walk' home, followed by a house party involving an all night 1990's music dance along. My personal peak was 'Eternal and Luther Vandross- I wanna be the only one' with my fellow Brummy mate. She and I had synchronised ass bounce skills.

Turned in at about 2:30; lovely! Especially as I'm not usually the social type!
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.