The LLM Travel Thread
20-01-2018, 10:27 AM
95mm according to the nearest measuring station...

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
20-01-2018, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't be putting that kind of information out there on the internet...

Oh you meant the rain?
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
20-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Well we are not going anywhere, not even outside due to the heatwave. Two days down, only 4 more days forecast to go before we drop down to a more comfortable low 30 deg C Confused
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
25-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Right. Far East. Any of you convicts got any recommendations? I'm thinking of booking two weeks' annual leave next June (or May, dunno) and fucking off to Asia to the dirt cheap countries like Thailand and co. I hear flights across Asia are fairly cheap as well so that's an option, just looking for where might be good to visit. Aus is out of the question as it looks like it would cost a small fortune.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

25-09-2018, 09:36 PM
There's some terrific food to be found in Indonesia. Beautiful country as well. Although that's just heresay as I've never been myself.
25-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Aye, I'm looking at Indonesia. There's so much to see in that part of the world and nowhere near enough time when you have financial obligations at home otherwise I'd just fuck off for a few months.

26-09-2018, 02:38 PM
I have not done the south-east asia tourist thing myself, so I cannot speak from experience only observation from afar.

Thailand appears to be the most developed of the cheap holiday options and probably the easiest option for a first time tourist, Vietnam is another option that is well versed in catering for tourists, Indonesia is probably the most authentic option (if you exclude Jakarta and Bali) but is probably not somewhere you may want to go as a first time tourist if you decide to step off from the well worn tourist trail/district. Cambodia is another good authentic option but again may be a bit of a challenge for the first time tourist. Malaysia is probably a bit on the expensive side.

The only places that I really want to see are Singapore (probably a bit expensive for what you want) and Vietnam.

Enjoy and have fun.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
26-09-2018, 04:45 PM
When you say first time tourist do you mean to that particular place? been away by myself on this type of thing many a time, just never ventured outside of Europe.

26-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Yes, first time south east asia tourist. Culturally it will be different from what you have experienced previously.

GNU Terry Pratchett
04-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Okay two things - can anyone recommend anything in particular to do in London? going for a few days by myself in a couple of weeks and I've made no plans yet. Preferably cheap... Lol

Also - cheapest way to get across the Channel/North Sea to the continent? my friend and I are looking at driving to Dortmund for, er, a Dortmund game, but just looking at the cheapest way of well crossing the big fuckoff bit of water between us.

04-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Flying (and if needed renting a car) is most likely to be cheapest. Alternatively, the ferries from Dover are reasonably priced if you want to bring your own car, but from your location that is a bit of a drive.
04-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Am not arsed about the drive down, I've done Donny to Plymouth and back on the same day before, just want it to be cheap. Best price I've found is £47pp to cross at Dover to Calais. Will look at renting a car though if I can't do any better.

05-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Try https://www.skyscanner.net/ for flights

You can add "nearby airports" so it will search quite broadly between multiple departure airports and multiple destination airports.
06-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Recommend anything to do in London? In fucking London?!?

It's got fucking _castles_ for fucks sake.

Dave's rule of travelling - if you can't find anything worth doing in a city with a castle, stay at home.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I