The Official  Introduction Thread (see first post for index)
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
That's only part one as well. Actually found it quite amusing.

He looks at the cabinet, he walks to the cabinet, he close to the cabinet, now he's opening the cabinet.... Mrgreen

Anyway, it's fairly easy to find the time to watch those Trapped in the Closet videos when you're playing with Daf. Wink
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Very true, you'd be dangerous now we have Steve to contend with too!
03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
We could watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy now :p
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
(03-12-2012, 12:06 PM)Ben OBagels Wrote: Watching this Underground Simulator video, it's bloody brilliant tbh. Mrgreen

Make up your own mind about what having the spare time to find and watch such thing says of me. Wink

I just watched this and it's hilarious Mrgreen
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's where we tell each other who we really are:

Let's try to keep chit-chat to a minimum so the thread doesn't get clogged up.

Nationality: American
Occupation: Underemployed in part-time retail type jobs. See "geek factor" for more.
Other Aliases: BloodyNoob, XIX,

Geek Factor: I play in chess tournaments (Elo rating somewhere in the low-mid 1500s). I'm looking for actuarial jobs as I speak, and I've passed three exams. I'm a big fan of advanced statistical analysis in baseball, gridiron football, basketball, pretty much any sport I follow.
Non-geek hobbies: Running, plus I've got a few marathons under my belt so I'm looking to take up skiing again (once I get a better job and can afford it)
Preferred Music: Orchestra music, rock.
Three Games (not FM): NHL 09 (the last time EA Sports put out the NHL franchise for PC), Wolfenstein 3D, stupid free games on the internet.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Sixth Sense, Back to the Future, October Baby.

LLM?: FM 13 is my first time playing, so what better time to go full-LLM? I'm starting off semi-clueless, like a real manager noob. (I'm getting the game for Christmas).

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Been Catholic for, what, twelve years now. I'm a relatively new football fan; I watched Man City's last game vs. QPR, and I've been hooked ever since.
Blink
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
So you support QPR?

Welcome aboard Jonathan Thup
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the site Jonathan and Andy. Thup

03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
(03-12-2012, 12:06 PM)Ben OBagels Wrote: Watching this Underground Simulator video, it's bloody brilliant tbh. Mrgreen

Make up your own mind about what having the spare time to find and watch such thing says of me. Wink

This has just made me listen to this song, mind you, using the tube every day makes me think of this anyway.

WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

03-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Jonathan Thup
03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
A fella from Jersey. Thup Welcome to the forums fellow Catholic. Wink
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Welcome Johnathan, just remember that 83% of all statistics are made up on the spot to support an argument Smile
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
04-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I thought it was 89%
04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
9% of respondents believe that, but they are very much in the minority Smile
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Welcome Jonathan.
Currently managing: FC Bourg-Péronnas, French National
04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone!

I could have also added that I used to play Flight Simulator 2004 and operated a Virtual Airline but that is a while ago.

Oh, and the "top-flight" team I support is Q.P.R, though our current season is looking like we could be candidates for LLM in FM2017!!!

Underground Simulator needs time! Something that I don't have a great deal of at the moment. I know FM needs a few hours to do it justice, luckily my good lady is pretty forgiving and likes a lay in at weekends!

I still play FM2007!!! Cannot make up my mind whether to get FM2012 or 2013??? My laptop may not run '13 properly though! The '12 Demo seems fine and I want to add the English lower levels so that I can manage Hitchin Town without editing them into the Conference South!

Miss Frank too! Need some inspiraton for a new '07 save!
04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
(03-12-2012, 02:17 PM)keefa Wrote: Very true, you'd be dangerous now we have Steve to contend with too!

Bat

And welcome to the forum Andy and Jonathon, hopefully you will both start making a positive contribution Thup
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 10:14 PM by Umbrella.)
Another American getting sucked in. Welcome Jonathan. Don't get too discouraged while getting your head kicked in learning the game. It took me many, many relegations before I finally figured out what I was doing. Relatively speaking, of course.

It seems like this video is appropriate

Currently managing NK Dob (Slovenian Second Division) in FM12
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 04:54 AM by GAFC.)
Nationality: Australian Smile
Other Aliases: Jakk

Geek Factor: I do enjoy a good book, must be a bio or true story! Lifes too short for novels Smile
Non-geek Hobbies: Being as lazy as i can get away with, in my spare time.
Preferred Music: Probably 80's hair metal (when mullets ruled the earth!) Right now its A Day to Remember getting the most play.
Three Games Dont play any other games currently, used to play Hattrick for ages but that was years ago.
Three Films: Dont have time for movies but as per books prefer something based in reality. TV doco's are more my go.

LLM?: Started with CM03-04 i think, and have upgraded every couple of years, i am a tight arse so wait long enough for the next incarnation to be $25 Shrug

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I love playing FM Llama style and going down swinging llama style!

Edit I now actually can watch and enjoy some games of soccer football on TV..... baby steps! Smile
Deadhorse

Forevermore shall we continue to beat the dead horse!
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
So we have another upside down poof, who loves playing a game based on a sport he detests??? Wtf

Welcome aboard Jack Welcome
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Is your name really Jack, or are you a John who gets called Jack?

Welcome, whatever your name is Mrgreen