The Official  Introduction Thread (see first post for index)
30-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Introduction Thread Index
Username (real name)

aaron70 (Aaron)
ajpatmore (Andy)
arttu (Arttu)

bazhsw (Barry)
bennytee (Ben)
Ben O'Bagels (Ben)
Bigargon (Ed)

catbasket (Steve)

darthpaul (Paul)
dblooder (Mile)
Deacondakin (Dave)
deanashtonsfoot (Chris)
DomD (Dominik)
Dr. Hook (Jeff)

earl_of_reed (Earl)
Eastshire (Kevin)

f1dave (Dave)
Fenomen (Darko)
fidsy (Andy)
Finchbox (Tony)
Foxotron (Pete)

GAFC (Jack)
gathersquall (Michael)
gazza50 (Gary)
George (George)
Green Llama (John)
Grimm (Steve)

HUNT3R (Wally)

JK_Nation (Jonathan)
JP (John)
juvehero (Chris)

Kanno (?)
keefa (Keith)
Keith (Keith)
ken66 (Ken)
kin_lin (Kin)
kykal-mamble (Michael)

LLAMAO (Jess)
LLM_Recruit (Danny)
ludicrousDisplay (Craig)
luiandlui (Mike)

Mathew (Mathew)
Mr603 (Andy)
mr8kc (Kelvin)
Mr Benn (Chris)

Nesting Eagle (Jesper)
Nexus (???)

olis (Ole)
Orlandosaint (Todd)

Perth Celtic (Aaron)
Polar Bear (Sam)

Rich (Richard)
Rodderas (Al)
RoyBodgson (James)

SackedLlaMa (Ole)
sacktheboard (Vassil)
Scratchmonkey (Thomas)
Sesquipedalianist (Cameron)
Soulfusion (Steve)
sparkyuk71 (Mark)
spirefox (Luke)

Tarbs (Mike)
Thrar (Chris)
ThreeLeftFeet (James)
tomtwice (Tom)
Toonarmy (Gigi)

Umbrella (Jim)

Walks (Lee)
wayupna (Shaun)
WilliamMcBeard (Kevin)
wondertree (Yavor)

XXXX (Ilian)

Here's where we tell each other who we really are:

Let's try to keep chit-chat to a minimum so the thread doesn't get clogged up.

Nationality: Welsh
Other Aliases: Elrawkum, Psycho/PsychoMod (old, old C64 alias)

Geek Factor: CM/FM (since the Amiga), RPGs, Civ, D&D, comics, playing computer games since Pong, still have a working Commodore 64 and an Atari VCS. bookworm, likes educational stuff, and sci-fi. Greatest Sensi player the world has ever seen (not bragging, s'true). There's almost certainly more.
Non-geek hobbies: Outdoor pursuits, travelling, live music, karting.
Preferred Music: Indie, Alt Folk, Beatles, good songwriting.
Three Games (not FM): Sensi, Frontier, Baldur's Gate trilogy.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Original Star Wars trilogy, LOTR trilogy, Watchmen

LLM?: Nearly five years now.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I have a son, Paul, aged 26, who is yet to make me a grandparent. Good lad (but don't wait too long son).
30-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Nationality: English
Other Aliases: daf or (thanks to Keefa) dafster. Mrgreen

Geek Factor: CM since CM2 in 93 or whenever it was. Although stuck with CM00/01 for years before finally upgrading to FM07. Have been a LLaMa since then.
Non-geek Hobbies: Watching football, music, gigs, festivals and more music. In fact I have been known to take my love of music to rather geeky levels, including unneccesarily detailed end of year best of lists, so maybe this isn't relevant in this section. Mrgreen
Preferred Music: Mostly indie I guess - most played on my stereo in recent months have probably been Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Blur, Cloud Control, Warpaint, Parlovr and TV on the Radio.
Three Games (not FM): Goldeneye and F1 2009 on the Wii, plus Civ 4 on the PC.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Original Star Wars trilogy, Pulp Fiction, Godfather Trilogy

LLM?: Zealot since 2007.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I got married in September this year and so far I'm loving every minute of it. Although to be honest, not much has changed as me and the missus have been living together for nearly 6 years already. Smile

P.S. don't tell the wife, but I forgot my wedding ring today. It's on the shelf in the bathroom. Sssshhh.....I'd better get home before her today. Mrgreen
30-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Occupation: IT Manager at a shitty little company that I hope to be leaving very soon...
Other Aliases: keefa3011

Geek Factor: CM since the very start. Upgraded CM every 2 seasons until FM 2005 and have bought every iteration of FM since, except for FM11.
Non-geek Hobbies: Watching and playing football and cricket, watching rugby. I love music, but not quite to the extreme daf does. I read a fair amount, and am currently part way through 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and love reading Peter James' novels.
Preferred Music: I cn listen to a lot of music, but can't stand Florence.
Three Games (not FM): PES, Assassins Creed and Halo
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): DIE HARD!, Jurassic Park and any Tarantino film.

LLM?: Pretty much played as a LLaMa all the time I've played CM, when I used to start as Wrexham, Chester or Shrewsbury back in the days of CM93/94. Since stumbling across LLM:B in 2007 I've been a zealot.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: It's my birthday today.
30-11-2010, 08:55 PM
(30-11-2010, 07:32 PM)keefa Wrote: Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: It's my birthday today.

Just couldn't resist, could you? Mrgreen
30-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Other Aliases: Only ever been Rodderas

Geek Factor: I found that owned FM06 but I don't remember playing it. Fairly new LLaMa
Non-geek Hobbies: Playing the guitar, making my own music and collecting musical instruments
Preferred Music: Anthing as long as it's been out a while Undecided
Three Games (not FM): The sims, Fable and NFS (at the minute)
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Back to the future, Star Wars (all 6) 12 Monkeys

LLM?: Yes

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Anything really

30-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Occupation: Network Manager in a Secondary School / Web Hosting Company Owner
Other Aliases: Had no others

Geek Factor: Been playing since CM on my Amiga waaaaay back. LLaMa since FM08
Non-geek Hobbies: Play guitar, mountain bike riding and PS3 playing
Preferred Music: Rock and Guitar based but I like all sorts except country
Three Games (not FM): Gran Turismo 5, PES2011 and COD MW2
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Star Wars, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Lord of the Rings

LLM?: Yes since FM08

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Dad of 1 little girl with 1 more due in May 2011

30-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Age: 34 (Can't believe I'm the second oldest on here so far Sad )
Nationality: Passport says British
Other Aliases: jptykes (if it's capitalised it ain't me Wink )

Geek Factor: FM since the C64. CM since Amiga. Owned every version except CM4. Qualified referee. Regular QI watcher. Think Monk is :fb: Abhor txttlk Angry Almost certainly on the Autistic Spectrum. Obsessed with numbers (worst things the wife ever did were get an electricity usage monitor and new car with a projected fuel range indicator). Used to work in accounting. More friends on the internet than in real life. I could go on but I think I've probably made the point Blush
Non-geek hobbies: Such things exist? Watching Barnsley FC (that should probably be filed under Masochism tbh).
Preferred Music: Resisting the urge to list... Loads. Basically old skool indie stuff and more up to date not-really-indie-but-still-labelled-indie stuff. Bit of variety in the form of some rock/metal/electronic stuff. Hate R&B and heavily sampled types of music. Anyone that completely ruins a song with a needless cover version will be first against the wall when I am king - That means YOU, Ronan Bastard Keating!!
Three Games (not FM): Oh feck Sad Don't play much but FM these days. Erm, Dally with the Call Of Duty series, various Mario titles and Gran Turismo. Does Bejewelled Blitz count?
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Original Star Wars trilogy, Se7en, Shawshank Redemption. Watch a lot of Disney-Pixar stuff due to having kids and find most of them enjoyable Blush

LLM?: Definitely. Though I don't revel in my (in)glorious failures. I want, and aim to win as much as possible throughout my careers.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Two (both SEN) kids. Married 10 years. Dislike myself intensely. Love Xmas, hate all Xmas adverts except the Coca-Cola ones that are generally brilliant, if very cheesy. I'm currently nursing a broken finger.

[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Nationality: British with a bit of Spanish and French in the bloodline somewhere...
Other Aliases: fids, fids2k

Geek Factor: Know too much random shit for my good and keep adding to it, research for CM, have an unnatural love for simulation games and still play about on the original Sim City - best 50p spent ever
Non-geek hobbies: Erm...
Preferred Music: Tend to go between metal and dance with a sprinkling of Eminem. Will listen to pretty much anything that isn't pure shite.
Three Games (not FM): C&Cm Sims, F1 2010
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Team America, Baseketball, Star Trek (2009)
Three TV Series: House, Scrubs, Two and a Half Men

LLM?: Since CM3

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Pretty much anything. If it's on a touchy subject, then the phrase fuck off would come into play...
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Location: Fourecks (The Last Continent), also known as Australia
Nationality: Australian and British National Overseas (born in Hong Kong, so I have a British passport, waiting for my call-up to the English Cricket XI)
Occupation: "4 years ago I couldn't spell Ingineer, now I are one"
Other Aliases: Nextof

Geek Factor: Played Football Manager on C-64 when I was a kid, had a short break of 18 years from the game, picked up a second-hand copy of FM07 for XBox 360 last Christmas holidays, two weeks later bought a second-hand copy of FM08 for XBox 360, bought FM10, and I just ordered FM11.
Non-geek hobbies: There are non-geek hobbies? . . . I have a wife and 3 kids, renovating our house (slowly).
Preferred Music: Blues, Jazz, Alternate, Ska, Aussie rock from the 80's, 90's & noughties
Three Games (not FM): Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, Sid Meier's: Pirates, Medieval Total War
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): LoTR trilogy, Fifth Element, Princess Bride "Hello, my name is In**o Mo****a, you killed my father, prepare to die" (he is a Spanaird, so I must assume he is a registered soccer football player)

LLM?: A Cria (a baby LLaMa). I stumbled onto fm-britain while looking for a manual for FM07, stumbled onto LLM and loving it.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Used to play a lot of cricket, touch football (rugby without the tackling) and basketball when I was younger. Enjoy watching rugby union, cricket and soccer football. Never played soccer football so I am still learning all about tictacs, formations and strategy.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

[Image: newcastlejetsfan1fi2iphg0.gif]
[Image: arsenal1.jpg]

GNU Terry Pratchett
01-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Nationality: Australian

Geek factor: Euro Boardgamer obsessed, helped create expansion for Agricola the boardgame, D&D'er, avid Lovecraft reader; looking to get into Call of Cthulhu tabletop RPG etc etc.

Non-geek hobbies: Computer gaming, mostly RPG's.

Preferred Music: Beatles, Tim Hecker, Radiohead, Thom Yorke.

Three games: Braid, Minecraft, Morrowind

Three Films: There will be blood, Die hard I, Back to the future

LLM: Since 2007 since playing 'realism mode' has been my way in most games.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I' became an Arsenal fan through no reason other than seeing their name on the TV and choosing them about 12 years ago. Now I am able to watch all their games.
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Other Aliases: Psycorp, Psycorp603, Mr603

Geek Factor: Douglas Adams fan, Star Wars nerd. Football fanatic (FM since 99/00, LUFC season ticket holder since 03/04), Computer Game nerd
Non-geek hobbies: Football, Writing, Cat wrangling, Belgian beer-drinking
Preferred Music: Indie, Punk (70's), Britpop
Three Games (not FM): Fallout (1, 2, NV), BioShock, Command & Conquer
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Star Wars Saga (excepting II), Back to the Future, The Italian Job

LLM?: Four years and counting

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing:I've been engaged for about two months now, and didn't bother doing a "Wow! I'm engaged!" thread at FM-B. Mainly because I hate sharing personal stuff. Also, I have two cats.
01-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Other Aliases: Walks316

Geek Factor: Work with computers, build and repair computers (as much as I can), FM/CM since CM on PC in 1992, have owned every version since.
Non-geek hobbies: Darts, football, golf
Preferred Music: Indie, britpop, rock,
Three Games (not FM): Don't really have much time for games other than FM, but have been known to enjoy Red Alert, Civ IV and FIFA series
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Star Wars saga, The Crow, Top Gun

LLM?: Since FM08, decided I wanted to start playing the game 'properly' and as a result I get much more enjoyment out of it

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I have a stepson, a son and a daughter, all of which are right royal pains in the arse, but can also be so loveable you wouldn't think they were ever naughty.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Nationality: Croatian born Aussie (except in the football)
Occupation: a proper graduated Civil Engineer (had my last exam a week ago)
Other Aliases: tomtacs, Taco, Wing It, Wings

Geek Factor: Warhammer 40K, Warmachine/Hordes, Linux (Arch), Fallout, FM since 06, lots of computer gaming, M:TG (but stopped buying/playing 5 years ago)
Non-geek hobbies: Sailing, futsal, GF,
Preferred Music: anything metal (mosty power/gothic, bit of thrash and others, very much depends on the sound of the band and not any real 'genre'), Bon Jovi, Offspring, Linkin Park
Three Games (not FM): Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Rome: TW, Medieval 2: TW
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Princess Bride, Star Trek (discounting movies V, Insurrection and Nemesis), Equilibrium
Three TV Series: Big Bang Theory, Buffy, Firefly

LLM?: Been at it for over 2(?) years now and, Fallout permitting, loving it

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I'm a Christian and my GF is a ranga
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
[Image: 3469r7t.png] CF Reus Deportiu
02-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Nationality: South African
Occupation: Draughtsman/Project Manager at a small Engineering company.
Other Aliases: None

Geek Factor: Been playing football managers since about '97. FM since '08. I hate spelling errors and txt talk.
Non-geek Hobbies: Playing football, 5-a-side football and indoor cricket. Freediving / Spearfishing when I can.
Preferred Music: I prefer listening to all kinds of rock. Linkin Park, Skillet, Greenday, Offspring and Prime Circle to name a few.
Three Games (not FM): Fallout 1, 2 and 3. Fifa, Madden.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Godfather, Matrix, Die hard.

LLM?: I started playing more and more like LLM as I got older. Found FM-Britain in 2008 and the rest is history. I think these days I can call myself a zealot.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: Religion has become a big part of my life in the last year or two. Currently living with my girlfriend.

02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
A draftie and a PM? Never seen that combo before? Do you often find yourself badgering yourself to get the drawings done faster and to spend less?

Oh, and Skillet \o/
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
(30-11-2010, 07:32 PM)keefa Wrote: I read a fair amount, and am currently part way through 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and love reading Peter James' novels.

I read that earlier this year and thought it was really good. In the last week I finished the sequel 'The Girl Who Played With Fire', clearly liked it because I started the third in the trilogy the day after. Let me know what you think of it when you've finished. I've not seen any of the Swedish films or Amercian remakes, will finish the third book before I do so.

A bit about me...

Nationality: British
Other Aliases: None

Geek Factor: Got into Football Manager on the Spectrum in the 80's, had a daliance with a management sim in the mid-late 90's. Old PC couldn't even handle FM06, so when I bought a new PC I bought FM08, addicted ever since.
Non-geek Hobbies: I run and race once a month, prefer long distances, Preston supporter, spent far too many hours travelling home and away with them but these days am more of an armchair fan, looking forward to us going down so we can lose our delusions of granduer and then it'll be good again! I also love watching MMA, used to be a big pro wrestling fan, don't watch it these days but still very interested in the business side of things.
Preferred Music: I consider myself to have quite eclectic tastes, not into very much from the last decade though. Prefer things noisy and / or fast. As liable to listen to Johnny Cash as evil digital hardcore as camp pop music (think Steps). Currently loving lots of old metal from the 80's like Manowar, lots of anarcho punk, drum and bass (jump up or darkside not really 'chilled'), ragga, dub reggae and ska (like from Jamaica in the 50's and 60's not ska punk or anything). Used to be in a punk band in the 90's dead proud of touring Europe with them and releasing stuff on vinyl. If you stole my large but mostly listened to once record collection and left me with all my Iron Maiden and Misfits records I'd be happy.
Three Games (not FM): Just FM, I've had spells with other sim / civilisation / war type games but FM has been constant since I bought it.
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Star Wars (umastered first three) Wizard Of Oz, Rocky III (love Italian giallo and Japanese cinema too)

LLM?: Had a couple of non-LLM seasons, discovered LLM Britain when admittedly stuck getting thrashed every game. Realised I always tried to play as realistically as I could. Pretended I'd never read anything on a tactical forum ever. Never going to play any other way again.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing: I tend to be relatively private on a forum until I've got to know people, still most of you will have seen my good news in the off topic thread in the other place.
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Bugger, he got the link Sad

Wink
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Mrgreen
03-12-2010, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2010, 02:44 AM by tomtwice.)
Applaud

Edit: Keith, we need a smilie ^
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Nationality:English with a proud Welsh streak.
Other Aliases: BillyMcBeard, Fat Head.

Geek Factor: CM/FM (since the Amiga), Wiki Surfing, German literature, Civ, Open TTD, Xbox, Researching assessment approaches in schools, love anything to do with LotR.
Non-geek hobbies: Rugby Union (playing) watch ANY sport except tennis, LFC, .
Preferred Music: 90's Indie, Oasis, Seahorses, Verve, Ashcroft.Other tastes include The Script, Train, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Starsailor, 'Phonics (best live band I've seen) Aerosmith, Take That, Green Day, The Fray, The Darkness, The Hoosiers, Paul Weller/Jam, I could go on!
Three Games (not FM): Civ (any), Open TTD, Red Dead Redemption (completely hooked at the moment!).
Three Films (sequels/franchises count as one): Shawshank, LOTR trilogy, Back to the Future.

LLM?: About a year?.

Personal stuff I don't mind sharing:I work stupidly long hours and all anyone ever says is 'But what about all the holidays'? What, those times when I work from home with my own kids Tongue Avid LFC folower (300+ matches at last count) who has been priced out by a 1000% ticket price jump since my first game on the old Kop 17 years ago. ( £4 paid for a Kop place)