'twas Salford nothing [FM17 Touch]
28-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Salford City FC / Vanarama National North / 2016/17

Took over mid-way through the season with Salford rock bottom of the VNN. The Board asked me to keep the club up and, after evaluating the squad, I (wrongly) decided that there was enough quality within it to pull away from the bottom and deliver what the Board wanted.

Started off with a few narrow defeats to FC Halifax Town, FC United of Manchester and AFC Fylde, all by the odd goal. The nature of the defeats reassured me that we just needed to reorganise and get the players gelling in the new defensive system I was employing.

After a couple of months of continued poor form, we hadn't moved off the bottom since I'd taken over. We had an away tie against 2nd bottom Gloucester City which I'd had my eye on for a while and we ran out 0-4 winners. Hoping this was the spark to set us on a run, I stuck by the players and only brought in one extra body - a CB on loan from Tranmere (Posh Bloke) who my solitary scout thought we had to sign.

He was right.

Posh Bloke shored us up and we managed to pick up a few wins and draws against teams that outclassed us in most other departments. The football wasn't great, but with Posh Bloke and Little Legs (a RW on loan from Burnley, signed by my predecessor), we were hanging on in there.

On the final day of the season, 3 of 5 teams were going down. We had to win at home to Darlington 1883 and hope other results went our way. Everything was finely poised at 1-1 by the half way point but we collapsed in the second half and fell to a 1-3 defeat. We were down.

Two of the other relegation threatened teams, Stockport County and Gloucester City, played out a thrilling game in which Gloucester came back from 3-1 down to win 5-3 to secure their safety while simultaneously sending Stockport down. Ouch.

Understandably, I was sacked straight after the game.

In: 1 (on loan)
Out: 0
Net Spend: £0

League: 22nd (Relegated)
FA Cup: Already out
FA Trophy: Already out

On to see if anyone else will employ me!
28-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Good start. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
01-03-2019, 08:35 PM
3 season minimum don't forget, let me know when you have the next 2 seasons to post and I'll unlock it Thup
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]