Football The last match you went to?
15-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Ƿesaþ hale!

I love a good old match day experience!! Unfortunately due to the grim and expensive realities of adult life I can no longer afford to follow my beloved team up and down the country, home or away, unless it is through the charities of others. So as I was sat reminiscing at work of all my adventures when I was young lad, back when could drink for a full weekend and still go to work on Monday feeling fresh (I struggle with a few pints now!) and it got me thinking - what was the last match everyone went to? So I just thought it would be fun to share our match day experiences regardless of what country or what level. Whether it was a top Premiership side playing away at Old Trafford or a low league Swedish team playing at home in a shed, I want to know the last match you attended and how it was for you. Hopefully we can keep this going for a while!

Here's mine -

Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Sheffield United              (12.08.17 - English Championship - Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough)
Gestede (20)

Report - It was my first match in just under two seasons so I was happy to get all three points in the end. The team where a little rough around the edges but thats to be expected with a new set of players and overall, with a few exceptions, I was pleased with their performance. I would say it was a fairly even match and probably an entertaining one from a neutrals point of view. There was a right squeaky bum moment at the end with United's disallowed goal (which, even as a Boro fan, I can admit that there was nothing wrong with it and it should have stood). So all in all apart from the little bit of crowd trouble we had at the end it was an enjoyable afternoon.
Bēo ġesund!

Ælfgar Earl
15-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Went to watch Doncaster Rovers play at Rochdale Tuesday night. Shite game, sickening how we lost in stoppage time with two goals in three minutes. Lancastrian bastards.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
17-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Wiener Sport-Club vs. ASK-BSC Bruck/Leitha
And of course my favourite team lost! Sad
17-09-2017, 06:54 PM
And today I went to watch Rovers play Scunthorpe. Set of spineless bastards. First time we've lost three on the bounce to them since 1991, last season the first time they'd beat us in 7 years, first time they did the double over us for ages as well.

Proper hope Ferguson gets sacked.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

18-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Australia v Kyrgyzstan back on 12 Nov 2015. The Socceroos won 3-0.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
18-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Christ, can't even remember. Probably some Perth Glory game last season, followed by Socceroos v Bangladesh in Sept 15

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
18-09-2017, 11:19 PM
West Ham 1-0 Swansea towards the end of last season.

Going on Saturday to West Ham vs Spurs though.
19-09-2017, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2017, 06:53 PM by JD95 aka Fidsy Jr..)
Going to the Emirates tomorrow night. I hate myself. Lol

19-09-2017, 11:35 PM
You know what, the Emirates get a lot of grief, but I liked it when I went there.

Good luck to Donny. Would be good to see a couple more of the Top 6 knocked out. Thup
20-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Newport County 2 - 1 Notts County, last day of the 16-17 season. Relegation decider. Most nervewracking 2 hours of my life. Was right behind O'Brien's winner when he chested it down and tucked it away to keep us in the League. Absolute scenes. Goosebumps whenever I think about it.
21-09-2017, 02:44 PM
(19-09-2017, 11:35 PM)deanashtonsfoot Wrote: You know what, the Emirates get a lot of grief, but I liked it when I went there.

Good luck to Donny. Would be good to see a couple more of the Top 6 knocked out. Thup

Tell you what. Beautiful ground.

Didn't win (obviously) but they gave it a fucking good go, and the stats don't show an accurate picture of the game at all after 25 minutes.

02-10-2017, 11:45 AM
(20-09-2017, 09:03 AM)AnalogBoy Wrote: Newport County 2 - 1 Notts County, last day of the 16-17 season.  Relegation decider.  Most nervewracking 2 hours of my life.  Was right behind O'Brien's winner when he chested it down and tucked it away to keep us in the League.  Absolute scenes.  Goosebumps whenever I think about it.

You see, that's what I love about the match! Reminds me of Boro's 2nd run in Europe. Was at the quarter final home leg which will stay with me until the day I die. Had to miss out on the semi's as I couldn't get a ticket (watched it at the pub though). I thought the roof was going to come down when we scored in the dying minutes to go through to the final. Massimo Maccarone, you beautiful bald Italian bastard you!! ...

... we don't talk about the final though Blush
Bēo ġesund!

Ælfgar Earl